The Advantages of Private Schools
Oak Hill Academy believes that schools need to acknowledge their important role in students’ lives. To this end, we must strive to teach the whole person as framed in our contemporary society – a society that balances the issues of how the absorption of intellectual pursuits supports the wellness, stimulation, and growth of all persons in a democracy. As a NJ Private School we strive to foster in each student a passion for life-long learning. We seek excellence, respect for the individual, responsibility, and integrity. We are dedicated to creating an academically rigorous curriculum which is supported by a diverse and nurturing environment where children can flourish. We believe that for a child to be a happy and productive person in his/her community, he/she must develop a positive attitude toward himself/herself, and consideration for others.
Here are the advantages of Private Schools such as Oak Hill Academy:
- Smaller – personalized learning is their hallmark
- Teachers carefully selected for their expertise, knowledge, creativity and love for children.
- Teach creativity through all subjects including drama, art, and music.
- Diversity – have a more diverse student body giving students the ability to share cultures and life experiences.
- Wide range of courses in all fields of endeavor that promotes deep and lastful learning.
- Encourage students to ask thoughtful questions and explore possibilities.
- Full range of clubs and athletic opportunities including all those who wish to participate.
- Plans community wide celebrations such as Veterans Day, Black History Month and Heritage Day to name a few.
- Most private schools offer some level of financial assistance to aid families who need help with tuition.
- Offers accredited academic programs as well as support services.
- Small classes give teachers the opportunity to meet individual needs.
- Extensive after school help programs for children to get assistance or move ahead.
- Program of studies emphasize communication skills to help develop students’ writing, speaking and listening skills.
- Students are encouraged to be creative and to be critical thinkers.
- Students work in collaborative groups to solve real world problems.
- Teachers are given the license to be innovative and use the most effective learning techniques possible.
- Teachers have the vision to create new learning opportunities using the latest technology.
- School provides a family atmosphere and friendships which last a lifetime.
- STEAM topics are offered as early as the Pre-K level in the curriculum and are taught parallel to the humanities presenting a worldly view of society.
- Instruction is engaging and is not presented to satisfy “teach to the test” requirements.
- Student individual personalities are honored and allowed to develop naturally.
- Students are given avenues and are encouraged to follow a passion.
- Instruction offers a strong blend of essential skills building and active/hands-on learning using a project based approach.
Oak Hill Academy in Lincroft, N.J., one of the best private schools in Monmouth County, includes all of the above attributes and goes one step further with its two signature innovative programs, namely Explorations and Math Workshop.
Oak Hill Academy is a NJ private school that is co-educational, independent, nonsectarian, and nonprofit for grades pre-kindergarten through eight. Oak Hill Academy is dedicated to a traditional, challenging, and caring learning environment that encourages comprehensive thought processes and deep understandings; thus promoting the wholesome intellectual, emotional, moral, and physical lifetime growth of our students. To learn more about how we are the best Private School in New Jersey, visit us online at www.oakhillacademy.com , or subscribe to our mailing list to be notified when we post more topics.