THE ELEVEN EXPECTATIONS THAT TEENS HAVE OF THEIR SCHOOLS
Teens consider their schooling as their world. This is where they exist and where they are making their way. These formative years are the places where personalities are formed and passions for life are begun.
Even though we continue to learn our entire lives, research tells us that the greatest level of knowledge gained is occurring during the teen years. This is happening both inside and outside the classroom and this is especially true on our Monmouth county private school campus. However, teens consider these eleven expectations to be essential to a productive school life.
The following are not in order of importance:
- Teens feel that relationships are very important. Beyond family, they are supported by close friends that they can count on.
- School should be relevant and connected to real world issues.
- They crave time and a reasonable pace allowing to go deep into topics.
- School should be enjoyable with plenty of support from their teachers, while offering a reasonable challenge.
- They would like to be able to practice what they’re learning while working toward mastery.
- Teens would like to have choice in some of their learning as well as multiple ways to display what they know.
- They want authenticity as they desire to make sense of issues and see applications.
- Teachers should clearly establish expectations for success.
- They would like to see satisfying results of their work.
- Teens want to be taken seriously when considering their opinions.
- They want to take ownership of their work and be appreciated for their effort and contribution.
In the eyes of a teen these are all the ingredients necessary for their individual hopes and fears, as well as their need for personal identity.
Are you interested in learning more about our Monmouth County Private School? We invite you to join us virtually to tour our 20 acre campus and learn more what it means to join the Oak Hill Academy community. You may also go to a small group information session on a Friday morning.
For information on applying to our top private school, visit our application page for additional information.
Follow us on social media:
Oak Hill Academy is a NJ private school that is co-educational, independent, nonsectarian, and nonprofit for grades pre-kindergarten through eight. Oak Hill Academy is dedicated to a traditional, challenging, and caring learning environment that encourages comprehensive thought processes and deep understandings; thus promoting the wholesome intellectual, emotional, moral, and physical lifetime growth of our students. To learn more about how we are the best Private School in New Jersey, visit us online at www.oakhillacademy.com , or subscribe to our mailing list to be notified when we post more topics.