On Friday, November 4th Oak Hill Academy took a group of sixth, seventh, and eighth graders to participate in the Christian Brothers Academy’s Model United Nations competition. The students did a tremendous job preparing and presenting as was evident by the SIX individual awards bestowed! Oak Hill Academy received the most awards out of all of the schools at the Model UN Conference. Oak Hill had the largest contingent of students participate and were complimented by their preparedness and seriousness.
- Sydney Yan (Holmdel): Best Position Paper (1st out of 125 students)
- Mason Garber (Colts Neck) : Best Delegate (1st Place) - SpecPol
- Nicholas Geissler (Middletown): Best Delegate (1st Place) - Carter Cabinet
- Cakie Dym (Rumson): Outstanding Delegate (2nd place) – SpecPol
- Emily Robertson (Holmdel): Outstanding Delegate (2nd place) – SocHum
- Alexander Mitchel (Red Bank): Honorable Mention (3rd Place) – Kennedy Cabinet
The team of students worked diligently to research their countries and positions in order to be prepared for the event. The Model UN students were moderated by OHA teacher, Mrs. Lynn Matson, and Mrs. Linda Vacca assisted her with the students.