Oak Hill Academy
Code of Respect – Community of Kindness
The essence of good discipline is RESPECT.
Respect for authority and respect for others;
Respect for self and respect for rules
Respect for authority is shown by …
Listening carefully and quietly.
Being on time, prepared, and ready to learn.
Accepting personal responsibility for your actions.
Being positively responsive to requests of adults and peers.
Respect for others is shown by …
Communicating in a polite, supportive and friendly manner.
Taking into account the needs and feelings of others as well as your own.
Allowing others to enjoy their personal space and property.
Respect for self is shown by …
Using proper dress and language.
Keeping your word.
Respect for rules is shown by …
Obeying the policies of Oak Hill Academy
Considering the spirit of a rule in making decisions.
Realizing that different situations create different expectations.
The 13 Principles of the Code are:
- Treat everyone equally with respect and treat each other with common courtesy
- Be courteous
- Be ready to communicate
- Encourage others and share your expertise with them
- Give and accept constructive criticism
- Be receptive to change
- Be a team player
- Get involved
- Have a positive attitude
- Be honest and accept responsibility
- Recognize other people’s priorities
- Strive to do your best
- Respect diversity of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, physical and mental abilities, age, opinion and sexual orientation
Oak Hill Code of Respect Oath
As a member of the Oak Hill Academy community of learners, I pledge to follow the Oak Hill Academy Code of respect every day in every way.